Did you know that your stamped concrete or paver stone patio / driveway / walkway require regular maintenance? It’s true; neglected concrete or pavers make your property look dull and can actually decrease your home’s value!
At Bluewater Borders, concrete, stone and hardscapes are our specialities! Let us restore the luster of your stamped concrete or pavers and protect you investment. We use only the safest cleaning agents and highest quality sealers designed specifically for the purpose and our staff has the knowledge and experience to ensure the end results will be outstanding.
Cleaning should be done yearly and re-sealing should be done every 2-3 years or when the desired luster is diminished.
- We clean the concrete or pavers using high pressure water. If stains are present, chemical agents may be required to remove these. Rest assured that all products we use are safe for the surfaces and surrounding areas
- The cleaned areas must be allowed to thoroughly dry. Depending on the weather, this can take from 2-7 days. A dry surface is critical before sealing.
- Any restoration of the surface can be done after drying.
- For pavers, polymeric sand may be added at this stage.
- Sealing with premium quality sealers. Texture can be added at this time to improve traction where necessary.
- Sealing intensifies colors and can give concrete & pavers a variety of finishes from matte to glossy.
- Sealant can protect concrete & pavers from UV rays, water and other natural elements, to keep the color as fresh as the day they were installed. Pavers lose their color without sealing, and after five years that color loss may be irreversible. Coloured concrete can fade and crack.
- Sealing protects concrete & pavers against oil spills and other stains such as from leaves. This is especially important on driveways!
- Sealing prevents tire tracks.
- Sealer that gets in-between the pavers helps hold the joint sand in place and resists mildew, insect attack and weed growth.
- Sealing makes concrete & pavers easier to clean.
- Sealing makes concrete & pavers tougher and more resistant to wear, by increasing their surface density.
- Sealing helps prevent efflorescence, that chalky white coating that sometimes appears on concrete.
We are fully insured and accredited with the BBB. Call us today for a free, no obligation estimate